Did you know that water pumps in Cyprus can be used for various reasons? They are used in agriculture for irrigating fields and for residential purposes including swimming pools and shower boosters. Let’s go over all the different uses of water pumps in Cyprus.
What is a water pump?
A water pump is a device that helps move water effectively and efficiently over short or long distances.
It works by creating less pressure on one side of the pump than the other. This creates suction to pull the water through pipes and into open containers. This process of lifting, moving, or transferring water generally requires less energy than would be necessary to otherwise lift it manually.
Water pumps have been integral in helping people access supplies more quickly and deliver them safely,. It makes them an invaluable tool for most municipalities and industries.
What are the most common uses of a water pump in Cyprus?
On a smaller scale, they can be used by homeowners to irrigate gardens or yards, as well as an alternative power source for light fixtures and other home appliances. Plus, water pumps are also used for swimming pools, water slides and hot tubs.
Industrial applications include powering turbines and providing cooling mechanisms for massive processing systems as well as operating dredging equipment that excavates water sources like harbours, inlets and lakes. Pumps are also extremely effective when it comes to moving wastewater from industrial power plants, sewage systems and mines.
How often does a water pump need to be replaced?
It heavily depends on the use of the water pump. Let’s go over 4 common signs that indicate your pump needs changing:
- A significant decrease in water pressure: if you’ve noticed that the pressure of your water at home has dropped dramatically, the odds are your water pump has started to wane and needs to be replaced. This might have also happened because you’ve recently added a new device to your household that works with water. For example, adding a new dishwasher can cause a drop in the overall water pressure. In this case, you need a more powerful pump.
- Along with water, air is coming out of the pump: if water isn’t running consistently and stops releasing air out of the faucet it’s a sign that your water pump is malfunctioning – consider replacing the pump with a new one.
- Dirt comes out of your faucet: if you’ve noticed that sediment or sand comes out of your faucet, it’s likely that your pump either has a serious issue or it’s on its last legs – in this case, if you can’t get it fixed, it’s vital to purchase a new pump.
- The pump is leaking: if you’ve lately noticed that your pump is leaking and small puddles of water have been formed near where the pump is, it’s wise to replace it or at least try to repair it.
How much does a water pressure pump cost?
The price of replacing your existing pump with a new one depends on a number of different factors.
Let’s take a look at different examples to help you get a better understanding of pump replacements.
Submersible pumps (devices that are tightly connected to the pump body and feature a tightly sealed motor) are some of the cheapest options; their prices range from 200€ to 800€.
Shallow Jet pumps (effectively extracts water from wells that are not deeper than 7.5 metres) might cost between 300€ to 800€.
Solar pumps (electricity or the radiant heat produced by the sunlight) are priced in the region of 1000€ to 2000€.
A constant pressure pump (its continuous pressure eliminates pressure changes in your home) may cost you 1500€ to 2500€.
When replacing your water pump, it’s wise to consider the cost of installation in Cyprus which usually reaches up to a couple of hundred euros.
What are shower booster pumps in Cyprus?
Shower booster pumps are used to increase the water pressure in homes or offices so you can have showers with water that flows regardless if the dishwasher and washing machine are used simultaneously. To prevent replacing or modifying an existing mains-fed electric shower, the shower booster is a compact yet effective pump. It is small enough to tuck away beneath floorboards, a bathtub, or a partition wall
How does it work?
Your electric shower’s main pressure is increased by the shower power booster pump, which also helps to maintain the flow. Even when other outlets are in use at the same time, it gives your electric shower top priority.
The pump increases pressure by about 0.5 bar, turning your electric shower’s trickle into a gratifying and reliable flow. Due to its pumping action, it will improve and safeguard the operation of your electric shower without limiting flow to other faucets, or toilets.
What are well pumps? What are they used for in Cyprus?
Well pumps are equipment used to extract water from a well for residential, agricultural, and commercial use.
They provide an efficient way of delivering water regardless of whether there is groundwater or not and can be used either above ground or underground depending on the terrain and needs. Well pumps come in different sizes and types, including foot valve pumps (an installation at the end of a pump suction line, spring-loaded valve). The performance of a well pump is determined by factors such as:
- the horsepower
- the size of casing
- the pressure system specifications
- the amount of water needed
Some of the most common uses of well pumps in Cyprus are:
- crop dewatering
- management of dairy waste
- crop irrigation
- livestock daily tasks such as water provision and dealing with livestock waste
What are sewage pumps in Cyprus?
Whether it’s for a home or an industrial complex, these pumps are essential for providing clean water effectively.
Large-scale sewage systems rely on multiple pumps to make sure all the different types of waste can be transported from one place to another. Simple yet powerful submersible pumps can be used in basements or low-lying areas to pump the wastewater uphill which is key; without sewage pumps, we would not have hygienic roads, waterways, or indoor plumbing.
Their prices range is between 500€ to 1500€.